Who is a qualified person BCA?

Before starting on building works, the relevant plans (refer to Building Control Regulations: Application for approval of plans of building works) need to be submitted to BCA for approval through a Qualified Person (QP). A QP is a person who is: Registered as an Architect with the Board of Architects (BOA) or a Professional Engineer with the … Read more

How can I get BCA approval?

As the Qualified Person (QP) appointed for structural works, you need to get approval for the structural plans and a permit before work can start. Building works exempted from structural approval or permit You will need a permit for all building works except for insignificant building works, as stated in the First Schedule of the Building … Read more